The Comprehensive Oral Health for Disabled Youth is a specialized health care program that is designed to meet the dental needs of children with Developmental Disabilities (DD).
Our COHDY Program Goal…
We will deliver the best oral and dental health care in a gentle, supportive, caring and respectful environment. Our COHDY team takes each child’s special needs into consideration in order to create a customized treatment plan.
This treatment plan includes:
- A holistic approach to care that revolves around the needs of the patient and family, involving all of the doctors, nurses and caregivers that are a part of your child’s health care team.
- Application of gentle dentistry techniques in order to calm your anxious child.
- Preventive care and education for your child, parent and caregivers that includes help with diet, counseling and oral hygiene instruction.
- State-of-the-art treatment and materials to help each child achieve excellent oral health.
- A COHDY Coordinator to help align appointments and health needs in order to optimize your child’s care. To speak with our coordinator, please call (716) 688-7712.
- Appointments scheduled at frequent intervals in order to help your child develop a sense of comfort and familiarity with the staff and facilities.
Make an appointment today!